Optimizing for programmer happiness.
- Rails is a MVC framework, lending wonderfully for whipping up clean, RESTful interfaces.
- Not sure where to get started? Try this.
- Gems like jBuilder can greatly simplify the JSON declaration process.
- Add a `northof` method to your `app/controllers/houses_controller.rb` file. This will handle the input parameters and pass the variables to your JSON view.
- Create a `app/views/northof.json.jbuilder` file. This defines the actual JSON response format.
- Add a GET route to the resource member block within your `config/routes.rb` file.